Stocks and supplies Training (serious game)
The training is based on a serious game played in two seasons. Each team represents a company in charge of determining and implementing its stock and supply strategy for a range of five products.
The game is enriched by a presentation of the principles of stock management and procurement rules.
A more complete description of the training process is available at : HERE.
At the end of the training, the trainee will be able to understand :
• The concept of cost of ownership and cost of breakage;
• Identify and understand the theory and mechanisms of inventory management and item categorisation;
• Understand the impact of inventory management choices on the company’s service rate and WCR;
• Use a common language on inventory management;
• Highlight the complexity of the supply and inventory management professions for participants outside the supply chain;
• Prepare and support the company in the implementation of good practices in item categorisation and stock management.
To be defined
The training course takes place over one day from 9.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. with a 1-hour lunch break.
Inter-company training: 590 € per person excluding tax
Intra-company training: 3 900 € excluding tax, including preparation time and feedback time with the client as well as the presence of two facilitators during the
26-28, rue de Londres, 75009 Paris, France
Through its pedagogical approach based on a simplified simulation of the firm, this training course is aimed at both company players who have to deal with operational inventory management issues and people who are directly confronted with the financial consequences of this management and need to understand all the mechanisms involved.
This training is accessible to people with disabilities. Contact us beforehand to study the adaptation of the animations and supports that can be put in place.
No particular prerequisites other than a general knowledge of the basic principles of company operations: purchases, stocks, sales.
Method and means
The training is provided on our premises for inter-company training.
We provide :
• Equipped room: video projector, flip-chart;
• Simulation game supports and objects representing the products;
• Theoretical training materials;
• Calculations of the results of the game sessions on computer.
The training can also be delivered in-company at the client’s premises (or on request at our premises).
Number of participants
The number of participants can vary from 4 to 20.
Inter-company training: Registration on www.cabinetleon.com
In-company training: Please send your request to email@example.com
Training Performance Rate
Satisfaction rate: 93% – This rate is calculated on training courses conducted in 2022 and 2023.
Each trainee assesses several criteria using a score from 0 to 4.
The sum of the scores is then compared with the maximum possible total.
The average score given here is therefore 3.7/4.
Drop-out rate: 0% – No trainee has ever left this course during the training period.
Trainees are assessed by observation and discussion throughout the course.
A certificate is issued to each participant at the end of the course, with 3 possible levels:
A – Knowledge mastered,
B – Knowledge acquired,
C – Knowledge not acquired.
Jacques has over 30 years of experience:
• As industrial and supply chain director in large international industrial and distribution companies, such as Showroomprive.com; Samsung; Invivo; Verallia; Goodyear Dunlop; BaByliss…
• In supply chain and industrial management consulting for Ernst & Young.
After writing a thesis on stock management, he wondered how to make this subject more understandable. He thus designed this pragmatic and fun serious game which he has been running for many years.
Jacques is an engineer from Arts et Métiers (ParisTech) and holds a Master’s degree in Flow Management from ISLI (Kedge Bordeaux) and a Master’s degree in General Management from ESSEC.
Jacques is accompanied in the animation by a supply chain expert.